Sunday, March 23, 2014

And so I begin again...

It is with great trepidation I begin this journey.  Three months have passed as I ever so slowly continue my ascent up my steepest mountain.  A dear friend recently reminded me that it is on these steep and uphill climbs we can anticipate the coming view...That though the journey is most difficult, we receive glimpses along the way that remind us of what is to come...that the best is waiting...

And as these three months have transpired, my heart is its heaviest.  We learned that it is then when the support lessens, that life continues as do its people...and the rest of us are left to continue grieving...

My counselor suggested I take some much needed down time to write.  And so, with the blessing of my husband I begin this newest blog... It didn't seem quite right to mesh it into our journey into parenthood, and the writer in me craves a place to only write.  So this will become my journey through grief.  And, of course, my daddy deserves his own place of honor.

I hesitate to begin.  I know not where this road shall lead.  Already it has been filled with the ups and downs expected in such a journey.  But this will become a place to process, share and heal for me and perhaps those who choose to read.  

Grief is hard, messy, deep and somehow, beautiful.  I hope and pray my journey through this darkest corner of my life and spirit will somehow help another, and soon the light shall once again remove the cloud and illuminate my heart and soul to allow joy to return...

Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment